Thursday, August 10, 2006

Dear Children and Grand Children,

"A thousand mile journey begins with the first step!" So goes the old saying!

As I am nearing the end of my one book writing trip, I often question when, where, why and how did that trip begin?

Regardless of when, where, why and how it began, it is important to recognize that we are all on a trip that is not entirely ours. Nor do we totally control the overall length, our traveling speed, the duration and the final destination of our trip. What is most important to me is to have recorded for you and for our descendants a few of the events we encountered along the way!

As to when, where, why and how the book writing trip began - I have finally chosen to let God answer that question within our individual hearts.

As I review the influences that brought me to record a minute segment of our trip, I can see our pioneering ancestors leaving the Brittany coast to come settle in Mauritius. From there. I could go on and on and indeed begin writing a third book!

Before I get carried away, let me simply say that because your mother and her premature departure loomed larger than life in my mind, I took much pleasure seeing her, seeing you all through the various chapters, the numerous pages, the many paragraphs and the thousands of words that God and Mommy inspired me to write over the last four years!

Indeed it has been a labor of love for love's only sake.

I thank you ALL for your constant support and encouragement.

I hope that some day, after I am long gone a grand child or great grand child or great great, great grand child will discover a copy lying around, will be then curious enough to want to read it, will then actually make time to read it and will then think: "Wow! I am here today because of them, because of Him! Then the question might just pop up in that descendant's mind: "I wonder when, where, why and how did their trip/my trip begin?
At least thanks to that book, I do have some answers!

Let us all hope that, that descendant will stand still, sit down or may be even kneel down and address a remembrance prayer to our intention!

Amen. Allelluia! I love you ALL! Hugs and kisses from your Bopbops who loves you!

P.S. Sorry to keep harassing you about my book journey but I felt very much like sharing today's extra site with you! Can you believe that I created that web page alone!

Here is the link to it: http://lleclezio.googlepages.com/home

Next step will be to create links to it and do an order form with modes of payment.

No comments: