Thursday, April 19, 2007

Rodrigues turns Human Vanity upside down...

The name of this upside down boat is 'Vanite'!



Happiness is: owning ‘my’ primary residence in Rodrigues.


(Sorry I could only afford the door in 'tole'. The rest had to be free thatch.)
Supreme happiness is: owning ‘my’ secondary residence in Rodrigues so Eve, all the children, grand children and friends can come visit.


‘My’ captivating private aquarium teems with colorful fish. Free entrance…


‘My’ ultimate exclusive swimming beach.


‘My’ most helpful fishing pals netting bait for me by my father's favorite fishing hole.


“My’ favorite flavored fresh fine flesh fish.

'Riviere seche' is often dry. This fish can only be caught when the river flows.

‘My’ children, grand children, family and friends represented or not on this blog are all sources of immense earthly joy and peace.

But of course none of it all belongs to me. It is all on lease to me for a short time on earth.
God, my ultimate landlord, alone decides the terms, conditions and duration of the lease.

Only God belongs to me as I totally belong to Him for eternity.

He has taught me that when life throws unexpected angles at us, we must look for the angles that the Rock cast in stone.



Whether mostly invisible or not, I thank God for reminding me often that His light is always there to guide me from this rented beautiful world to the infinitely sublime eternal one. There, in John 14, Jesus has promised me that there are many rooms waiting for us and our loved ones.



Lord wherever I feel the light of Your intense pure loving presence – That is where I want to be…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dearest Dad,

Thank you! We are thoroughly enjoying seeing all your photos from your recent vacation and reading your thoughtful and thought provoking words that accompany your photos.

With all our love,
Kitty and Family

Anonymous said...

How thankful I am to have your blog Dad. A true expression of your depth in life here on earth and life eternal with our Saviour. The light shining in the last photo seems to be Heaven sent. Praise be to God and our dear and loving mother/mom/nanny/mama and the list goes on~ Love you, Wendy