Saturday, April 07, 2007

By His Light - We Live...

Dear Children, grand children, family and friends,

I am glad that I was able to mail a few candy to you today.

God is so good! He keeps confirming His active presence by my side so much and so often. In my Easter wish card, I mention how much I enjoy the reading at p.96 of the Jan – March ’07 issue.

I will have been here for over a year now. Up to yesterday, I was not satisfied about the presence of Jesus in the living room. Eve & I had put a ‘palm’ cross in her basket of shells.


The other day I placed a crucifix in the shark’s mouth with Jim Dufficy name written below.



To me it represents that regardless how the sharks of this world maul and bleed us; Jesus is always there to save us by His own cross.

But the room still felt empty! Finally, yesterday while I was cleaning my briefcase of all the mildew it had accumulated during the rainy season, I came across the picture of the monument I had designed and painted in the back of our yard in Bellevue.


The yellow cross for the light, it brings us that I had painted above the dark world from which Jesus arose, the perfectly round stone to be rolled away that I had picked on our 1600 acres in Ephrata, the blue sky beckoning us to rise by the light of the cross. Finally, you will remember the massive piece of solid granite enveloping it all on which I had written: “Let the rock be…”

Well I stuck the picture up on the wall and I felt content!

But as if that was not enough, this morning Jesus organized some great readings to confirm: “Job well done!”

First I read in St. Paul’s calendar: There are times when Jesus confirms His presence by our side! I did not have to take long to receive His confirmation. The reading for today is Matthew: 28, 1 – 10. At line 3: “The angel came and rolled away the stone…”; At line 6: “He has risen…” Am I glad I was inspired to put that picture up yesterday! Am I thankful and grateful God confirmed His presence by my side today! I do not deserve it all at all!

To those of you I have not been able to reach, I wish you a most Blessed and happy Easter.

1 comment:

Christine said...

Dearest Dad,

I know that I already responded to your e-mail, but I had to thank you for sharing the photos from your home and from our home. I really like the basket with the shells and the palm cross.

With all my love,
Kitty