Sunday, January 28, 2007

First American Press Report


Dear children, grand children and friends,

You can imagine my surprise and my joy when my editor called on this cell phone from the beach this morning to congratulate me! He was surprised to realize that I had no idea what he was congratulating me about?

Mind you, since my return from Europe in December, I have had a number of very positive local comments on my book: ‘First American Title To Injustice’. And now it appears that the press is slowly catching on!

Without any phone call for an interview or any advance notice that the popular week end newspaper was going to do an article on my book, there it was in bold red headlines in this Sunday’s paper! My editor was even happier when he learnt that the article was totally unsolicited!

He believes that it will boost local sales tremendously and that we should use the article to accelerate sales internationally as well. This year Mauritius should welcome over a million tourists and the book is already available in the ‘boutiques’ of a number of the five star hotels. I am still working on getting it distributed across Europe and the US.

Considering the comments I am getting from European and American readers purchasing on line and the fact that some of First American employees are also buying my book, I would not be surprised if the European and American press also come out with articles of their own soon!

I will shortly be making some of my letters to Jim Dufficy and to various institutions holding large blocks of First American stock available to the public.

In the light of even more scandals and another $10 million fine just imposed on First American once again by the state of California where First American is headquartered, the purpose of making my letters public is to put all on notice that the pattern of corrupt behavior by First American has been going on unabated for years. It appears to be systemic.

Fines are cheap and no one must ever forget what Dufficy wrote some nine years ago: “… the company has no duty to do the correct thing…”

Institutions should divest fast. When it eventually all catches up with First American, investors will have been long forewarned and fund managers most certainly would not want embarrassing questions from their investors!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Louie,

Congratualations. Now here is what you do from a publicity point of view. 1st, you have your publisher email those newspapers that have expressed interest in your book links to this blog. And you get yourself an email list of favoriable press and when you write on topic, you email them. And finally if you come back to the US, even for a while, you get yourself a booksigning/lecture in ach place you are going to be with a local bookstore and you email the press again. That should really help sales. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

Very interesting! Good to see it's getting exposure overseas and we look forward to the exposure of your book hitting the U.S. so that first americans title industry can be flushed!!! Goodluck