Monday, January 08, 2007

Can We Pray The Rosary?

The request immediately followed the knock at the door! It was late. I ignored the request. But nonetheless I invited Eve’s nephew, Didier and Valerie to come in. Didier told me that they had prepared some food for me, that he felt that it was important that I eat well and he put it in the refrigerator.

Then Didier took a picture of his mother out. He handed it to me and said: “I brought that for you. I think that Eve looks very much like my mother. Can we say the rosary?”


This time, I could not ignore his humble and persistent plea. I asked them to sit down. I lit a couple of candles and we started praying, meditating and spelling out our prayer intentions.



Of course together we repeated one of his grand mother’s prayers: “Oh! Resurrected Christ, I beg that some of the light of your glorious resurrection shines forth in the mind of my children so that they may take wise decisions concerning their security and happiness.”

Almost two hours later, when we finished praying, I asked Didier where had he learnt to pray with such fervor? The simple answer was: “From my mother.” He told me that as a kid growing up, they prayed together as a family – And Yessss! He said what we have always known and believed: “Because the family that prays together stays together!!!!” That since his mother died, he has missed that fond togetherness during family prayer so much. That this void is what brought him full of hope to my door with the deep desire to pray with family!

I was elated to know that our family traditions have been shared and respected by so many members of the family over centuries across and around the world!!! It confirmed why I found Didier and Valerie to be such a transcending young couple and why Eve has inherited her generous most loving and forgiving heart! It is all in our blood, in the faith of our fathers, and in the love that Jesus has taught our family to hand down from one generation to the next!

I told Didier and Valerie how happy they had made me! Indeed, last night was definitely the best night I have had since my return to Mauritius. They have asked me to come and to pray with them every Monday, Wednesday and Friday nights! I just love it so much!!!

Divine Providence has created multiple circumstances for me to be here right now because this is exactly where I am supposed to be presently!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that you are able to continue to pray the Rosary with family. Mommy's and you wonderful example of praying the Rosary has been continued in our home and enriches our life tremendously.

Once in confession, a priest asked me if we pray the Rosary. When I responded that we try to do so each night. He said, "Oh, I have no worries about your family."

With all my love,
Kitty

Anonymous said...

Dear Louie,

I was trying to leave a message here and I clicked the wrong button and closed the window. So I do not think your received it.


I was writting that I am glad you are still wqritting your blog because I was telling our friend Rosa that I would email her a link to your blog. Perhaps I shall remember to do that this evening.

I have printed out your latest post on the rosary to share with the members of St. Dominics Rosary Makers when it meets Monday night.

And I was writing that I'm sure you would be glad to write for your readers about St. Dominic's Rosary Makers and the Legion of Mary praesidum that started it. About your hsopital ministry and about the times you went door to door with use to expalin your faith. And about the rosary processions and before mass rosaries we did, etc. I am giving you this work to do so that I can come back and post some comments on your blog

Then I was going to give you my email adress in case you have misplaced it, when I clicked outside the widown and "poof"
it all vanished like smoke.

jdrake@myway.com


God Bless You