Monday, August 28, 2006

Love God's Creation

Dear Children & Grand Children,
Today we went to ‘Le Souffleur’ near Savannah Savinia on the Mauritian south coast!

I had not been there for at least 42 years! I will let the pictures tell some of the story. As for the sound, it is breathtaking to listen to the rhythm of the sea breathing loud and deep through the cliff! The long air passages carved in the body of the rock connect this giant’s lungs way below towards the foot of the cliff to its nostrils facing up towards the sky. With each wave that comes in and goes out, you can hear the snoring of this sleeping black beauty resonating through the atmosphere as it inhales and exhales its deep gulps of air! We figured that he must have a chronic cold as a powerful spray jets out of his nostril high up into the sky each time he breathes out! I was blown away by this natural audio/visual Godly production!

We walked from ‘Le Souffleur’ to another natural wonder of Mauritius. Again I will let the photo tell the story. I remembered walking decades ago across that natural bridge spanning over the ocean below. In the heart of this tumultuous setting with the relentlessly crashing waves casting a Wagnerian note through the air, I was glad to capture the soothing colors of a peaceful rainbow shining against the dark volcanic rocky backstage.


Do you like the picture of this rare sea urchin we found washed up on the beach? We used its ‘ardoise’ quills to write on our blackboards when we were young!

That part of Mauritius is still fairly wild and it is not yet flooded by the ever increasing multitude of tourists that flock to its white sandy beaches.

I am glad to share those pics with you. I wish you were here now. As you can see, I am slowly recovering from the cancer surgery and the long exhausting chemo treatment. I am thankful to God for this extended lease of life. I love every minute of it and I absorb God’s beautiful creation like never before. Indeed, the more beauty I find on earth, the better I realize that it is all only a faint reflection of the magnificence Mama is now a part of in heaven. Thus I aspire for us all to share it some day. In the meantime, in gratitude, I ask God to grant me the grace and courage to joyfully accomplish some more of the works He has earmarked for me here.

God bless you all.

Love and kisses from Bopbops.
P.S. I could not post photos. I will try later. Love you ALL.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wrote a long message that I lost while trying to post... I love your thoughts and thank you so much for sharing... The rainbow is amazing... Another sign of God's generosity. How fun it would be to write on a blackboard with a sea urchin's quill!! Maybe one day... I love you~ Wendy

Anonymous said...

All I can say is I cannot wait to return to Mauritius...the sea and sky in the pictures are so tempting, I would love to get on a plane and do the trip again right now!!! Thank you for sending such incredible pictures Dad...You really have turned into quite the photographer! Love you always...Lynda & Kourtney