Thursday, November 30, 2006

Trustful Surrender to Divine Providence

Dear Children and Grand Children,

As you know, I have been urging you to read the above book published by Tan Books, written by Abbé Jean Baptiste Saint Jure and Abbé Claude de la Colombière and translated into English by Prof. Paul Garvin.

Why? Because it is the secret of peace and happiness!

“Non pas un simple clin d’oeil ou d’yeux – Mais un clin Dieu!”

As you will recall, on Friday October 13, 2006, we went to the Dombes region in France to hunt and fish. There we met our friends who returned on Friday from Paray le Monial where they had been to pray at the site where father Claude had stressed the importance of a special devotion towards the Blessed Sacrament.

You will further recall that Lou took your mother to Paray le Monial a few years ago and Mommy raved about the deep spiritual aspect of her visit there!


After a successful hunt on Saturday October 14, we decided to go to mass at the Cathedral in Ars on Sunday. There we prayed by the uncorrupted body of Abbe Jean Vianney, dearly remembered as the Saintly Curé of Ars. My Grand Mother, Jeanne Leclezio had a great devotion towards him and I felt truly blessed to attend mass there!

Just over a week later, on Tuesday October 24, I decided to go spend a week at the monastery up the French Alps. After being warmly welcomed by the ‘moniales’ and being shown my ‘ermitage’, I decided to dig through my briefcase of religious literature for something to read during my retreat. I am ashamed to say that with all the distractions in Mauritius, other than pulling out my Bible, my St. Paul’s Calendar, my copy of ‘Living Faith’ and the books of Saints, I had not been through the rest of the briefcase ever since we had left the US!

Now! At first, I did not recognize the first book that I brought out. “Trustful Surrender to Divine Providence!” Later I recalled that while Eve was sorting out all the books to put in storage, she did show me that one and said: This one is so small, here I’ll put it in your briefcase! So there it was! I was knocked over when I paged through it. I found that it had been written by Abbe Claude (coincidence) and Abbe Jean Baptiste and fTo go beyond mere coincidence, it was the constant companion of – Yes!!! The Saintly Curé d’Ars!

What timing! What a ‘Clin Dieu’!

Since then I have been blessed with lots more ‘Clin Dieu’! And I am most thankful and peaceful in the knowledge that God’s justice and not man’s will prevail!

As you all know, I providentially received a ‘key’ email from James J. Dufficy of First American Title! Re: “No duty to do the correct thing” (Dufficy) What a nugget! After so many years, I finally have in writing from him the only piece of documentary evidence we were missing!!!

And, my dear children, yesterday and today the readings in ‘Living Faith’ echo your own voices urging me to persevere until Peace prevails through Justice!

Yesterday’s reading: Luke 21:14,19: “You are not to prepare your defense before hand…By your perseverance you will secure your lives.” God give me the courage to act upon my faith in Your Absolute Truth and Your Justice.

Today’s reading: “ I experience this refreshment each time I choose to do what I know in my heart of hearts is the ‘right thing’ to do. I especially receive this refreshment when I chose to do something that I do not especially want to do, but realize that I must do to live as a person of integrity!” Spirit of God, refresh my soul by helping me make choices that reflect your love and goodness!

May Duff, duff the tuff puff, puff guy read that and discover the joy of such peace.

To date, people commenting on my book found the story of First American shocking, outrageous, enlightening and inspiring. A lawyer received the further impetus he needed from it to launch a class action against First American Corporation!

Yet, James J. Dufficy, as if to underscore his shady and callous character claims that his family, his friends and himself found the book to be comical.

After already costing the First American Corporation millions of dollars in lost credibility through his greed and poor judgment, the first time round, he is again setting the scene to cost them hundreds of millions of dollars more.

I hope that the press and FAF investors find Duff, duff’s puff puffs of hot air as comical as he claims he found my book to be!

In his email, Dufficy allowed his personal greed and vanity to impair his judgment. His ill thought outburst and vain attempt at righteous self defense caused him to place his personal interest ahead of the corporation and its stockholders.It is that same attitude that made him think that I should accept $750,000 or 0.10cents on the dollar in order to clear First American of participating in fraud. Furthermore, at the time his ridiculous offer was based on a most conservative appraisal of $13,000,000.

That was a far cry from the $27.5 million appraisal First American concurred with when their greed suckered them into a fraudulent transaction.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dad,
Thank you for taking the time to share some of your stay in Switzerland. I really like the photos. As I told you previously, I will make a point of buying the book.
With all my love,
Kitty

Anonymous said...

Once again, well written! I appreciate every point made and am so glad we got to share some of those moments en Suisse avec toi! I love you and thank you for persevering and having the utmost faith in God, our saviour!

xoxo
Wendy

Anonymous said...

Dear Louis,

I loved your blog article and I am sure the Trustful Surrender is a great book. What are people to surrender to? What is God's will for us at this time in history? My observation is that the will of God is for us to empty ourselves so He can pour into us the divine essence of Jesus so when people see us they will see a living representative of Jesus. What will be the job of these overcomes filled with the image and power of Jesus? They are being formed into the Body of Christ and will be used as a net by the Great Fisherman Jesus to bring the fish of the world into His Kingdom and to live on His Holy Mountain. God can only use those that will trust and surrender their wills to His. No more will we see Men creating their own kingdoms but we will witness men building His kingdom and not demanding to be the superstars that we now see domineering it over the religious scene.

Each of us will have individual goals as His will is the overall goal. But we are to support and love one another as members of the same body with Jesus as our head. So that means man's denominations and divisions have to be broken and true unity must exist as it will through the power of the Holy Spirit. Many will be unwilling to part with their traditions and though they will have there own salvation they will be of limited use to the Lord who will have us not respecting the religious creations of man but the truth of God only.The start of this great change is near at hand.

God Bless You

Rich

Anonymous said...

Dear Louie,

I've neglected your blog for too long. Something inspired me, and I added it to my favorites today. I think I'm getting my computer desktop a little organized. At any rate enough of me.
1) I see you are trappsing all over Europe -- or at least France. So if you can do that when can you return here (And I'm sure Little Wendy would like that) at least for a visit.
2) People in the parish keep asking me about you, so you arn't forgotten
3) You know how to contact me.

Anonymous said...

Beautifully written once again Dad! You truly have a talent at writing! Your book is being enjoyed by many over here! I love you, talk to you tonight! Love Lynda