Monday, February 19, 2007

5th Anniversary of Mommy’s body leaving us!

Today’s bible quotes:

Sirach 1 – 10: “All wisdom comes from the Lord…shrewd understanding is from the Lord… and He conveyed her to those who love Him.”

Mk. 9:24: “Everything is possible for anyone who has faith”. – 29: Jesus said: “A certain kind of demons can only be driven out by prayer.”

I find that the following quote from Saint Augustine in Living Faith today speaks to Mommy and I standing by the window of the monastery high up in the French Alps shortly before Mommy died!



“One day not long before my other Monica died, we happened (appeared) to be alone. We stood leaning against a window overlooking a garden (the mountain tops) far from the crowds of the city. We were alone conferring very intimately. We asked what the eternal life of the saints would be like… and sought in our own little measure to reflect on something so great. We lifted ourselves in even more ardent longing… traversing all bodily creatures and heaven itself, whence sun and moon and stars shed their light upon the earth. Higher still we mounted by inward thought and wondering discourse on God’s works, and we arrived at the summit of our minds; and this too we transcended, to touch that land of never failing plenty where God pastures His flock with the food of truth.”

To be or to have? Thank You Lord for letting me ‘Be’! Until, together, we reach that land of never failing plenty!

Saint of the day: St. Conrad of Piacenza and his wife sacrificed their personal wealth to make restitution for the damages he had caused!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Dad! As you know, Mommy has been in our thoughts and is spoken about often in our house.

With all my love,
Kitty

Anonymous said...

I love you Dad and MOM!!! I enjoyed Living Faith today as well as you will see from my email... The correlation between your photo from the monestary and the writings from today are once again Heaven sent. Five years of continued Faith, Hope and Love with Mommy guiding us through each day. All our Love! Wendy, Ryan, Cael, Kendall and Baby #3 :)

Anonymous said...

Dear Louie,

Thanks for posting the anniversary of Wendy's leaving us. Tell you what I'll do my friend. Some time in March I'll go up and see Wendy and vist my Grandparents too. And I'll say a little prayer tonight before I go to sleep.